Sunday, March 25, 2007

Restaurant Review - Zee Noodle

I had to try Zee Noodle on Uroobah / Takhassasi street when I happened to drive by and see the modern and illuminated round building. The decor and atmosphere appear hip and cool and the menu contains a variety of noodle dishes and main entrees, including sushi.

I have to point out that being from California, I am extremely picky about sushi so I did not order any. I was a sushi chef in California so I will wait until I know the sushi chefs better here and then have them make me speciality items.

Passing on the Sushi, I ordered a Cashew Chicken entree, vegetable rice and the spring roll appetizer to go. The food was ready in about 10 minutes. It took me about 5-7 minutes to get back to Alfaisaliah and up to my apartment so that has to be factored into my review. The spring rolls were oily and soggy. I prefer them crispier. They did have the right taste though. The cashew chicken, also oily I may add, consisted of chicken pieces that were probably deep fried. The menu gave the impression of stir fry chicken like P.F. Changs (I wish) or even pick-up stix (commercialized california style pick-up). As for vegetable rice, its rice, what more can I say, except that it was clumpy.

Overall, I would rate Zee Noodle as fair, meaning out of 10 stars (I prefer hilals) I'd give it 5 hilals. I must say to be fair I will try Zee Noodle again and maybe order a noodle dish, which would make sense since its a noodle house, and also to check the consistency.

2 comments:

Saudi... said...

ya i have tried Zee Nodles bedore but i didnt really like it...there are lots of better places...
and as for sushi places...there 2 good restaurants...Tokyo Restaurant in Ouroba Street...and Frusato Restaurant in Al-Tahliya Street...they are really good...so try it and tell me what you think...

Bliss said...

hmmmm i think i'm really getting hungry now after reading your post.